Sunday, September 13, 2015

Back for the fall!

The view during lunch one afternoon in Costa Rica
Hey loves! I know it's been a while, but if you know me then you know I spend a great deal of time in the summer on the road! It was easier to post videos and pics via Instagram and Snap Chat, so if you follow me there, then you haven't missed out on much. I was only home in July for a total of 5 days (and 2 of those days were 1-day stops to do laundry and check mail). I spent the month on the road visiting friends and family, being a tourist in some locales, and doing community in others. I was everywhere from Vermont to North Carolina to Costa Rica!


I did take the opportunity to go to a few blogger/model- sponsored shopping events where I got some great items from some of those I follow online and admire! I can't wait to put my own twist on those purchases and show it off! Just like I do every summer, I take time off from performing and making appearances so I can revamp some of my looks and stage material. During this break I noticed a lot of looks and trends that might not be for me. I'm not saying they're bad. They're just not for me or up my alley.

Denim duster from Ashley Stewart
Every fall, denim is always a solid thing to stock up on. You can never go wrong with a good pair of jeans to pair with some boots, a sweater, and a jacket. This fall, Ashley Stewart and Fashion to Figure are offering some nice denim items. I bit the bullet and bought a denim duster from Ashley Stewart because I don't own a comfortable denim shirt to pair with some leggings, skirt, or a pair of dark jeans. I'm pleased with this purchase as it is comfortable and very easy to wear with different styles. I can't wait to come up with some creative looks with it.






Leggings: Ashley Stewart, Top: Susan Moses


As for this fall it appears that fringe, the color green, and camouflage is making a big push. To be honest, I'm not super psyched and gung-ho about this because this isn't new to the drag world. Military-themed parties (especially between Memorial Day and Veteran's Day) are generally big hits. Don't get me wrong, what I've seen so far is cute and whatnot, but it doesn't have me wanting to run out and check it out. There are a few things I'm excited about for this winter, but that's for a later post.





Model Kimberly Dixon for Ashley Stewart

I'm excited about what people will do with the fringe look, but I want to caution those of you who don't have much experience with fringe. It must be handled with delicacy. If not it can tangle and break easily. I bought a cute fringe jacket from Ashley Stewart, but because of how it fits on me, I'll probably wear it as a dress most of the time. I first saw it in my friend Kim Dixon's pic from Curves Rocks Weekend (see pic). I loved the way it looks, however I had to face reality and since I have broad shoulders, am "blessed" up top, and have curvy hips, this wasn't going to fit me the way it did Kim or the mannequin at the store. Lucky I was aware of this and had alternate plans for this piece. This, ladies, is where you must be aware and conscious of your body type, shape, and what looks good on it. Trust me on this: I've learned the hard way. Just because it looks good on a mannequin or on the model on the website or in the catalog does not mean you'll get the same effect. The trends that I'm referring to are capri jeans, boyfriend jeans, crop tops, tube tops, and flat open-toed sandals. While I've seen others look great in these things, I'm not as fortunate to pull off a good look in them.


Whatever your taste may be, this fall is bound to have to snazzy trends that will appeal to many. Just remember that the way to pull off a look is to dress for your body type and not according to the trend (yeah, I'm talking to you bodycon abusers!).

That's it for now. Until next time y'all. Remember, being beautiful is not just about what you wear!

Sasha

Green seamless leggiings from Ashley Stewart
Me in the green seamless leggings

1 comment:

  1. Those leggings look super cute on you! Thanks for the fall fashion heads up!

    ReplyDelete